Membership Application Process
Membership Types and Qualifications
Those who agree with the aims of the society and who meet the following conditions can become members of the society.
- Student membership: Those who are enrolled in colleges, universities, or other institutions of higher learning, after undergoing examination and approval by the council, may become student members.
- Individual membership: In order to qualify for individual membership, candidates must be at least 20 years old, must be citizens of the Republic of China or holders of an alien residence visa, must meet at least one of the following criteria, and after undergoing examination and approval by the council, may become members.
1. To be a scholar in the field of linguistics and/or related fields.
2. To have been responsible for classes in linguistics or a related field at an institution of higher learning, or to be engaged in research in linguistics or a related field at a research institute.
3. To have graduated from an institution of higher learning in any discipline and to have an interest in linguistics and related fields.
- Group membership: Those who meet the following criteria regarding group membership, after undergoing examination and approval by the council, may become group members. Each group should dispatch one representative to handle its membershipaffairs.
1. To be a scholarly cultural group or educational organization whose work is relevant to current linguistic research.
2. To be a group which endorses or otherwise supports the aims of the society.
- Lifetime membership: Individual members who pay the equivalent of 10 years of membership fees may become lifetime members.
- Honorary membership: Those who have made exceptional contributions to the field of linguistic study in Taiwan or to the development of the society, upon recommendation by the council and approval by a members’ conference, may be invited to become honorary members of the society.
- Supporting members: Individuals or groups who have supported the work of the society, after undergoing examination and approval by the council, may become supporting members.
|Admission Fee||Annual Fee||Total Fees of 1st Year of Affliation||Annual Renewing Fee|
|Student Member||NT$ 500||NT$ 500||NT$ 1,000||NT$ 500|
|Individual Member||NT$ 1,500||NT$ 1,500||NT$ 3,000||NT$ 1,500|
|Group Member||NT$ 500||NT$ 7,500||NT$ 8,000||NT$ 7,500|
|Life Member||NT$ 15,000元|
1. Postal Transfer
Account Name: 台灣語言學學會
Account No.: 19441335
2. Credit card Payment
Please go to “Download Payment Form” and download the credit card payment form; fill in blanks and fax it to Fax Number: 02-2652-5022.
Select your membership type.